Thursday, July 13, 2006

Worst-Case Scenario Handbook

So the government's sent me this HUGE package in the mail to my house, containing, gowns, gloves, face masks, antiseptics, and who knows what else, in case of an "outbreak".... now, tell me if I'm wrong, but SARS was about four years ago now.... (now who says government isn't efficient?!? Yippee for civil servants... they obviously know how to respond to the pulse of the population... they are SO SMART! I can't stand it! ) ... also, I am not entirely sure what exactly I'm going to do with them in the house... We could wrap the plants, deck them out in gowns and gloves, or maybe some of the furniture, but heck, this house will be prepared in case an outbreak of disease X should occur.... perhaps I should consider adding it to my everyday wardrobe, to protect against overblown diseases like West Nile... or bubonic plague... or Ebola virus...

5 comments:

Q said...

hmm. i can name a potential recipient for some of your newly-delivered supplies. :>

Q said...

ahem. and then there was the "black dawn" in 1918... http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/nextpandemic/interviews_webster.html

julia said...

I am speaking a bit tongue in cheek about the generalized idiocy of civil servants and government... we're planning on holding onto them until I make it overseas...

Canadi-Ann said...

are they seriously responding to the outbreak now? that's a bit hard to believe???

Lisa said...

I didn't get a SARS kit in the mail, at home or at work (of course, I haven't bothered to check my mailbox for a couple days). I feel woefully unprepared and unprotected, should the next pandemic originate in the Zone.