Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sugared plum dreams...

Walking through the bookstore, and, surprisingly/stunningly not emerging with a new book in hand, I realized I could probably start listing some wishes... this is completely self-serving, and not meant to be taken seriously, especially as I'm not much of a believer in the allegorical value of Christmas presents...

Anton Conbijn's U2 & i (what a big surprise; no need to list any of the other relatively new books on the market, as I've already bought them all, sheepishly)
Martha Stewart's (are you serious? Yes!) Baking Handbook
Stephen Lewis' Race against Time
John Stackhouse's Finally Feminist

Well, those are all I can think of in this moment...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have Stephen Lewis's book - I just need to get around to reading it (and the ones sitting next to it, like Romeo Dalaire's book). Whenever I've heard him interviewed, I'm struck by his passion, compassion, and determination, so I'm sure that whenever I get around to picking up his book I won't be able to put it down.

julia said...

Ah, yes, but I've already got Sen. Dallaire's book, read it, AND saw him speak about Darfur in the summertime... haven't heard Mr Lewis speak for a few years now, though....