Tuesday, September 11, 2012

FFT - love songs I

This is just a series of poems that a friend of mine had shared with me, many years ago. They're so beautiful, but, wanting to save a bit of space, I'm going to post them here:

Love Sonnet II

Love, what a long way to arrive at a kiss,
What loneliness-in-motion, toward your company!
Rolling with the rain we follow the tracks alone.
In Taltal there is neither daybreak nor spring.

But you and I, love, we are together
From our clothes down to our roots:
Together in the autumn, in water, in hips, until
We can be alone together - only you, only me.

To think of the effort, that the current carried
So many stones, the delta of Boroa water;
To think that you and I, divided by trains and nations,

We had only to love one another:
With all the confusions, the men and the women,
The earth that makes carnations rise, and makes them bloom!

- Pablo Neruda

No comments: