Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Postcards from the Edge Episode XI Part XII

Welcome back! I know I've been "off the air" for a few weeks, but as some of you know, I've been spending the past few weeks in Ottawa preparing for a friend's wedding (for those of you who have been breathlessly anticipating seeing some photos from said wedding, I'll send you links as soon as I get some...), and spending some time with my man Bono at the ACC :P (Thx to D & O !!) To those of you new to the series: Welcome!
I have now been back up in Sioux Lookout for the past few days. As you may recall, this is where I spent a good chunk of my springtime this year. It's nice to be back, as now there is no snow nor ice on the ground ( ! like there was in April ! ), and they're enjoying a bit of Indian summer (with no mosquitoes!! Whoopee!! ) before the winter comes.... at least I don't have to worry about tripping over ice on the way to the one and only supermarket in town :) (If you recall, back when I was here in March, I arrived the same w/e as the grand opening of said supermarket, which was the biggest thing to have happened in town for a while.... it -is- a very lovely and wonderful supermarket, so I can understand the fuss... It's like visiting a Great Canadian Superstore, or one of those massive Loblaws, so it's pretty impressive in a town this size... )
It's been a bit lovely-embarassing to be back in town, as many people have been so happy to see me come back, and remembering my name, and wondering how the weddings have gone, etc etc... whereas, dementia-afflicted that I am, I'm having a hard time keeping up with names and such. On the other hand, I jumped right back into the Bible study group that I had been with in the spring, and noticed how much their kids have all grown!!
Since for some reason, a good chunk of you believed that I spent my summer in the Yukon (is this b/c Canadians are geographically disabled, cause I know I am? Is it b/c most Canadians don't remember that Whitehorse is the capital of the Yukon, but Yellowknife is the capital of the NWT? Is it b/c only Gr. 9 geography is compulsory?), I am enclosing a map showing exactly where I am this time around, so there's no confusion.
For those of you who are interested, my home number up here is (807) 737-7252. There is an answering machine in the house, but I am not entirely sure how it works. Also, please keep in mind that I'm on Central Time. Also, I think it may be time to clean up my address list, so if you no longer wish to be part of this list, please let me know! Also, if there's anybody who should be on this list, but I keep forgetting to put them on, please also let me know!
Thinking of you all fondly,
Julia

No comments: