Monday, February 12, 2007

James talk

I am not entirely sure how skeptical I am becoming; perhaps it's because I'm fairly dense. I need to be smacked upside the head to notice what and how God answers prayers sometimes; I'm not exactly one for subtlety. That being said, if 'the prayers of a righteous man availeth much', and there are at least three pastors and a good dozen or so profoundly respected men of the Church all praying for the same thing, with no obvious answer, does that mean a) they're all not righteous? b) they're not praying? c) ALL their prayers in combination don't seem to be getting to those pearly gates?
None of those seem right to me. Yes, yes, I know the things you're supposed to say, "Sometimes, the answer is No, not Yes", or, "Maybe God is just working on His timing", or, "Maybe there has been an answer, and nobody's seen it yet"... Oiii. Something isn't entirely satisfying with that; like, when loved ones die, despite prayers of intervention and fasting petitions on our knees, we say simply that God said, "No".... that's IT???
Someone throw me a frickin' bone here...

No comments: