Monday, December 10, 2007

Films vs movies

I recognize that I am a movie snob. In fact, I rarely enjoy movies; I like films, and I adore documentaries. Most know about the belly-aching I made about having to go see Fantastic Four II: Rise of the Silver Surfer this past summer, and how I was bemoaning and bewailing the fact that I would never get that time back again, but I digress...
It's just funny, in that I noticed an acquaintance of mine has a WICKED collection of DVDs that totally runs up my alley: a lovely mix of some documentaries, some films, and the full extended version of the Lord of the Rings. Very decent. Of course, there's also the Transformers movie, and Star Wars, but I suppose that's because he's a guy, so I will forgive him that... At any rate, I forgot to ask if I could borrow, oh, almost his whole library, last time I was over, and emailed him to see if I could borrow some, which he willingly obliged, if I could list off what I wanted... but now, I can't remember exactly what was in the rack: What to do? Say I'll just take them all, except for Transformers? I think that might be kind of rude...

I also recognize that this is possibly the lamest entry I have ever made on this blog, but I didn't want people thinking that I was neglecting my writing; it's just that I haven't had anything terribly exciting happen in the past few days, that's all. Basically, I've been trying to catch up on labwork and stuff at the office, that's about it... whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Kate said...

What's wrong with Star Wars?!?! (The original trilogy, of course...the later "prequels" were a travesty...)

Anonymous said...

At least you post something, Julia! My blog is grossly unattended lately (though I've been working on it pretty hard off-line recently).