Monday, May 05, 2008

Germany I

A few observations about Germans: They are definitely not as fit as the Swiss, and are more similar in shape to the North Americans. I think this may be because a lot of their traditional cuisine involves wursts and potatoes. That is to say, sausages in all their shapes and forms, and potatoes every which way.
Fortunately, a large influx of Turkish immigrants to Germany have providentially provided a way out of this problem by providing donairs and kebabs, which I have been gladly eating, as I realize I quite miss the food from that region of the world. In fact, Berlin has the largest Turkish population outide of Turkey. I think I will likely write a bit more later about the East/West divide and the Berlin Wall, etc the longer I hang about here. I have, sadly, seen skinheads still walking the streets (though thankfully not to beat me to a pulp), and have witnessed the Reeperbahn, which continues to sadden me and reminds me that Europeans also need compassion and mercy extended to them as well.
Anyways, this will be brief, as I am on a German keyboard, so am having to correct myself quite frequently, due to the different keyboards...

No comments: