Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who's the talking head?

I haven't really been thinking about very much lately (mainly because I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off), but I want to mention something - I am not entirely sure what the motivations were, but I was complimented recently on a very (VERY) brief talk that I did at church the other day. Which was nice; I thought I did a fairly decent job myself.
However, part of the consternation arose when they asked me when I would likely be able to do a "full" talk. Of course, in my context, that would mean, oh, never. At least not a talk that he would be able to attend.
So there we go: good public speaker, good head on the shoulders, demonstrates can handle small snippets of truth, but obviously, only because I have an extra X on board, not qualified to do more. Hm.

1 comment:

ChessMasta! said...

hey jules - you do know, however, that actually you *could* and give a 'full talk' on missions at CGC, right? In fact we've had women give presentations in friday fellowship before... jackie, nancy, eileen on various topics ranging from biographies to luther and the reformation... anyways, i hope you're able to get some rest soon!!!