Friday, September 12, 2008

Visionaries wanted

Certainly, one of the things that I had been discouraged by this summer was the lack of passion and vision amongst my peers for Kingdom living. The feeling that people were more concerned about being social than about being different from the predominant culture. The feeling that mostly people were hanging around church to go for food or for beer afterwards than they were about falling down at the feet of Almighty God. The feeling that our scope and vision for the Kingdom barely extended beyond our small social circles, and had a barely registered notice for the larger planet. The feeling that people were more concerned about being good than about being righteous.
That being said, it did help me realize that I value those whose passion is the pursuit of the knowledge of God's heart. I realized also that it is those that I most deeply respect; more than those who do good, who perform justice, or who enjoy people more than they enjoy God. I also realized I didn't have to agree with their conclusions on God, but a solid, sincere, orthodox approach was sufficient for respect being due.
It was also heartening for me to be at the grand kick-off for Perspectives and to see the number of bodies there; people who are hopefully keen to learn about Kingdom and see how it grows, not just for here and now, but for all peoples and all time. That was a huge encouragement to me!

No comments: