Monday, November 29, 2010

Now, how to find a job...

So, today's the kind of day that I wish I could do every day, but unfortunately, I wouldn't get paid for any of it, so would eventually lose my home and then have to live on the streets. Last week was a disaster in terms of fall-out from my "sharing" at church, with all sorts coming out of the woodwork to either share their own heartache about the church and breaking my heart in the meanwhile, or reinforce bad stereotypes about the church and re-traumatizing me again. However, today was great! Correction: it started being great last night at supper!
Last night, a good friend of mine totally blew my brains out with some Hebrew deconstruction of gender, and has given me an opportunity to look at a 'third way' between the polarizing debate currently going on in the West. I still have yet to gather the pieces of brain matter because they exploded so much.
This morning, I had a very constructive meeting with a provincial advocacy group trying to navigate the waters of governance and direction of NGOs. That was followed by a talk that I gave to one of the campus ministries (of which I actually got feedback on, and I think both I and they found it a mutually edifying time) and then meeting with my faculty advisor. Catching up with a long-lost friend for tea in the afternoon, followed by a constructive board meeting where we had a lively debate on the merits of how cozy we should get to corporate sponsors, or not. That was awesome. Stuff that turns my crank. Stuff I could do every day if it was possible....

No comments: