Monday, November 14, 2005

Motivations and caveats

So, I'm back in the little town of Chesley, and, being given the grace of having leisure time again, I've decided to try to consolidate all the still-in-existence PFTEs (which, unfortunately, the first few Episodes are missing, and, I realize, many of the older ones are in storage somewhere, so it may take a while to transcribe them online)... someone had suggested to start a blog, as that might make my life a bit easier....
So here I am, running a blog, possibly one of the bigger neo-Luddites that there are around... I do, however, see the increased flexibility (hmmm, seems to be one of the running themes this year) of having the blog... at least now when I go off on some rampage (like the previous post), it can be from the perspective of the blog, rather than, strictly speaking, a 'postcard'....
I think it may also be useful in that I can finally get a real sense as to who is actually reading these things, and who just junks them when they land in the mailbox too...
At any rate, hopefully, you guys might get a bit more of a kick out of this, hopefully, I'll be a little bit broader in what I write about (ie PFTEs will still clearly be from abroad and away, and other extraneous stuff can end up here too), and hopefully, I'll write a little more frequently as well... (maybe)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia!

I read your emails... so does Nancy :)

Later!
Simeon