Thursday, October 02, 2008

Lying bastard!

I can't believe the audacity of people and their sheer selfishness... the other day, a girl comes into the clinic, saying that she had had a vacation day several Fridays previously, but Human Resources was asking for a doctor's note for the day. I clarified, as that didn't make sense to me; why would Human Resources require a physician's note for what is a legitimate vacation day? She stated that was 'just the way' that her company worked.
That totally didn't make sense to me, and I tried to clarify several times as to why her employer would need a doctor's sick note for a vacation day. At any rate, I then shrugged my shoulders, and proceeding to write a note about how this patient had had a vacation day several Fridays beforehand, but that Human Resources was asking for a physician's note, so I was complying by writing a physician's note. Of course, our sick notes do have a fee associated with them, charged to the patient.
So she picks up her note, reads it, and then comes back to me, saying, "No, I need a note saying that I was at the doctor's office that day.".
"Excuse me??", I say. You had a vacation day, you were never seen by a physician that day several weeks prior, it was conveniently a Friday, and I am certainly not going to write a note for you saying you were seeing a doctor, for, you see, that would be LYING and FRAUD. Somehow she seemed totally unfazed by this, but then demanded her money back for the note that would not have gotten very far with her employer. I'd like to say that I denied her her money, just to teach her a lesson about lying, but I didn't. I am hoping, even though I don't believe in karma, that she gets something coming to her for trying to deceive me.

No comments: