Monday, October 27, 2008

A normal blog post

This weekend has been particularly punishing, though I loved every bit of it. Today, having to accompany a parent to a doctor's appointment, I arrived early, and promptly took a two hour nap, which caused my parents to wonder if I was sick or not.
However, it's been a jam-packed session: Not only did I take in a few short-term mission reports, I then had to awake early to prep for my nephew's birthday party, hung around for that, made dinner for four and hosted a board games and dinner night, participated in worship for our baptism service, went to a luncheon reception for one of the newly dunked, hosted another small group meeting at my house, had barely shooed them out the door when a missionary serving in East Asia came over (on short notice; their agency needed a place for them to stay) for the night, for which we went for dinner and regaled each other with stories 'from the field'. Breakfast and tidying up this morning while my guest slept, followed by getting them safely to their next destination, resulted in me going to my parents' house to sleep. The end. No wonder I think my life outside of work is much more interesting than work itself! I suppose this also explains why I've been a bit sluggish in posting regularly!

No comments: