Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What next?

I was inspired today. I've been tugging at the ear of any number of mentors that have even dared cross my path to ask them, "What next? What next for me?". Now, I've had a multitude of different answers, depending on how well they know me, and, thankfully, offers for people to pray for me as well, which, I think, will be the most powerful determinant of all.
Today, I'd finagled my way into meeting with a world leader in an area I would certainly like to head into, and he advised me to stay put (argh!!!!), but.... also offered a way to enter into this new world. I have been tossing around ideas of more schooling, drastically changing my career trajectory, etc, but, though he'd never met me before in his life, actually advised me to do something that has been percolating around in my head for a while, though I'd never had a target to aim for specifically. Until today.
Now, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to go about this, and I'm not entirely convinced I'll be good at it either. Actually, I think I'm more concerned, that having been trained in one particular specialized domain, that I may not be very good at most anything else, actually. Well, we shall see how that goes; in between all the other issues and things I participate in, this will be definitely a challenge. However, the suggestion resonates with me somehow. It certainly seems more appealing than going for a Master's degree...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll be praying for you whatever that is. sounds intriguing. :)