Saturday, September 09, 2006

Excuse me, but are you Sook-Yin Lee?

I have always failed to understand the interest, verging on obsession, in celebrities (that being said, when I get holed up in the middle of Bruce County in a snowstorm, I like flipping through old issues of People as much as the next person).
Case in point, as we are currently in the TIFF. Admittedly, I was wearing Shiz's earrings, with my hair flipped and sunglasses on, but come on now! That doesn't mean that I automatically am someone famous.... walked into the Bay/Bloor Indigo, and was stopped SIX times in less than ten minutes by sales clerks in the store... when the heck do you get offered any help in an Indigo? Asking if I wanted help, was I sure, did I want something to drink (???what??).... I was thinking to myself that perhaps they were all blind or something, as I didn't have a little puppy dog sticking out of my purse, and my shirt, though linen, was kind of wrinkly... oh well, I suppose it's nice to think that I was vaguely fashionable on a Toronto weekend...

No comments: