Tuesday, September 12, 2006

...how it gently lifts me...

One of the wonderful qualities of the people of God is the tangibility of their prayers. Some prayers feel like gossamer wings, some feel like shields of steel, others feel like shafts of light coming through the clouds, some like strong towers... Even others feel like wailings in the night, others shake like belly-dancers, and others leap over buildings in a single bound... It is humbling; humbling to hear, humbling to sense, humbling to know.
I hope, in some small way, that my prayers are heard in the Most High, even if they are made of styrofoam, or are the size of a sandcastle... to become a true prayer warrior, to be a regular sender and recipient of knee-mail (thanks Q), is, I think, a tremendous goal... now praying that I might have the fortitude to take that as my own...

No comments: