Thursday, September 28, 2006

R.I.P.

For f&$#'s sake, I am tired of women (and men, actually) being under the impression that having a baby is this lovely, safe thing, all perfume and roses, 'cause that's just a bunch of shit, really.
I've had many patients die on me before, but this is MY first. My OWN patient that I was taking care of, who I'd been following during her pregnancy. Died over the weekend, and, due to some communication snafus, I only found out about this morning, since I'd stopped by the hospital. I cried and cried and cried in my car on the way to the clinic.
Cause she didn't have to die. Oh dear God. Baby's got no mommy now. Fuck this; I am so tired of people thinking it's all lovely, to be pregnant and all, that they pay no mind to the matter that pregnancy and childbirth are some of the most dangerous undertakings a woman can take...

No comments: