Friday, April 27, 2007

Incompetent ninnies (mutter, mutter....)

You know, sometimes I think I fundamentally believe incompentency is the biggest vice you could possibly have. Unfortunately, my sister has been the victim of identity theft, all the more improbable as she hasn't lived in the country for several years. I suppose if the corporations had bothered to actually talk to a real person, or done some more work, they would have noticed the fact that she doesn't live in Canada. It's been mind-bogglingly ridiculous talking to various service representatives and other people who just talk at you, don't know how to solve the problem, and don't know who is actually responsible for anything. They, of course, in turn, are not responsible for anything either, and wash their hands of all potential problems.
Perhaps it's because it's in the nature of my job to actually take responsibility, to actually know what's going on, to not be an incompetent loser, to see people that I work for as (oh my gosh, wait for it!) people, to not lose people through the cracks, that completely doesn't allow me to see how other industries can allow that to happen to individuals. Maybe I'm just upset, because that pisses me off that someone would mess with my sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Oh, what a headache! When did the she discover she was a victim of identity theft?...

Praying all will turn out OK eventually...