Monday, May 21, 2007

Domesticity... not... more like pre-plane panic...

I must admit, it takes quite a lot to motivate myself to actually do non-food-related household chores... cook? Sure, no problem. Do the dishes? Absolutely! Almost anything else in the house, well, uh... man.... can we hire someone to do this??? I feel like I've accomplished much today, as I've swept up the front walk, dealt with the garden, did the laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and, most impressive of all, I finally cleaned out my car! That had come to a head when I realized I couldn't really drive two other passengers in my car due to all the junk in it... so, I finally hauled out all the paperwork, journals and magazines that had accumulated in my makeshift bookshelf and dealt with it. I can actually (almost) seat five now, which is impressive... all that, while entertaining and playing with my nephew, who is, of course, the cutest thing to walk the planet... you'd think that was a totally goal-orientated day, wouldn't you? Too bad I'm not really that goal-orientated...

No comments: