Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hooray for the CBC... and not just for hockey!

I think I may have mentioned this before, but I think I nurse a small addiction to CBC Radio One... maybe it's Matt Galloway's reassuring voice in the afternoons, or Ideas in the evenings, or Barbara Budd's mildly annoying voice, or just Andy Barrie chatting away (sometimes way out of his league) in the mornings, but it's a bit strange at how attached I've gotten to the public broadcasting voice of Canada... I like Rita Celli, even though I'm not sure what the point of her show is, I miss Global Village, have yet to catch Dispatches, laugh like crazy when I catch the Debaters (yay Shaun Majumder!)... sigh... it's good stuff.... I think I am particularly struck, as I was just listening to a Mr. Lawrence Wright give a Munk lecture on the current clash of civilizations, and how we ended up at this point after 9/11, on my way home this evening, and it was articulate, heady stuff....

No comments: