Saturday, August 04, 2007

Funny Face...

I notice that funny things tend to happen in threes...
Case in point: Yesterday, as I was coming downtown on the subway, it inexplicably stopped at Dufferin, with the doors open, green light on, with no explanation forthcoming as to why we were sitting there for five minutes. At about the five minute mark, the driver comes on the intercom saying, "Stay off the yellow stripe!", which didn't make a lot of sense, so everyone just looked at each other and shrugged, but OK.... two minutes later, she comes on again, this time saying, "Get back in the car, and let the police do their job!"... well, that did it - half of my car gets up and heads for the doors to see what's going on, which is totally understandable... I was sitting with some teens, and we were urging each other to go to the doors to find out what was going on, but as we were debating, the chimes came on, and the doors closed.... as we were on our way, the driver comes on again, and she says, "Ossington: You people are UNBELIEVABLE! Next station: OSSINGTON!!!" in the most annoyed manner... the entire car bursts out laughing!
Secondly, there was literally a fly in my soup at dinner, which was funny, as he was all semi-shriveled, though, I suspect, well-cooked, and landed me with a half-price dinner, which is always nice...
Thirdly, I think I saw the funniest movie that I've seen in a while, called Facing the Giants... I don't think they meant for me to find it funny, but I haven't giggled that hard at a movie for a while....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great TTC story, even though you didn't actually get to see what happened.

Jesse