Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Harrowsmith observances

A few points from the countryside:
1. Went to the Keady Fair yesterday, which is a less insane, more authentic version of St Jacob's Market. I can't believe I get paid to eat kettle corn and assess livestock, ducks and various fruit preserves and beef jerky. By the way: I had forgotten just how yummy fresh kettle corn and fresh wild blueberries are.... mmmmmmm....
2. I can't emphasize this enough: When you are welding, WEAR A SAFETY MASK OR GOGGLES! I cannot emphasize this point enough. For some reason, I thought that would be a given - if you're working with potentially dangerous things, you'd take the proper safety precautions. Apparently, I am dead wrong. In four hours, I managed to see two guys with injuries to their faces and their eyes because they didn't protect them - AT ALL! Mutter, mutter: some of the dumbest and bone-headed things to do ever...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keady Market- not fair.

julia said...

Who wrote this? They shouldn't be jealous... even though I did eat a ton of kettle corn... yummmm...