Friday, January 20, 2006

India III

I think I haven't really been that much more specific about stuff that I've experienced here in this country yet, b/c I haven't really had enough time to process it and distill it down into a nice sound bite, or a silly story. I've travelling from the southern tip of India, up the eastern coast, and up to the north-eastern most part of the country. We are heading over to the western side this afternoon (which is why I'm trying to catch up on this blog; I'm in the Kolkata airport, waiting for a plane) and up to the Taj Mahal (because what trip to India would be complete without a trip there??), the first completely touristy thing that we've done since we've gotten here.
I have been to Mother Teresa's place here, and have visited her tomb. Also, the Sisters there gave me some amulet or something blessed by Mother which is supposed to heal stuff, or something... helpful when members of the group fall ill, I suppose... I could just wave the amulet over them until they get better... :P

No comments: