Wednesday, July 11, 2007

As long as I don't have to play Pachebel's Canon...

So, after a very long hiatus, I picked up my viola to play again. And reminded myself quite quickly that I was never really the best player to begin with, and really, a viola needs a violin, or at least a cello, in order to 'fit' properly... I think it always was appropriate that I played viola - the supporting instrument, the undertone, the alto of the group - not the flashy violin, not the melodious cello, but really, backup and support...
However, now that it's re-emerged, I'm wondering how and where I could play it at my level, and strongly considering re-joining an orchestra again... hmmm, maybe that's just wishful thinking....

2 comments:

Lisa L said...

I didn't know that you played the viola - cool! I would love to learn to play the cello - if I ever get the time, it's certainly near the top of the list. Not sure if there are many cello teachers 'round these parts, though!

Anonymous said...

I'd personally rather listen to a viola than a violin anyday! Maybe you could start a viola duo with our Sarah?