Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No/low detail orientation...

Now, I'm usually not a big meetings person; I find all that jargon about 'interfacing', 'networking', 'collaborating', etc etc etc very tiring. However, so far this past week, I've been to several different meetings that have been exciting, fresh and invigorating! My planning meeting for the child sexual trafficking conference that is running this weekend was encouraging. Then I had a food advocacy meeting, which always gets me very excited and happy about agriculture and food justice. Then tonight, I've just returned from an IFES appreciation meeting, where, basically, I got to eat dessert and hear about all the wonderful praise items that blossomed out of the various efforts of everyone who came out. Now -that's- the way meetings should be...
That being said, I have one more major one this week... something tells me it's not going to be quite as pretty or as beautiful as the other ones...

No comments: