Thursday, February 07, 2008

Take this city, if it be Your will....

OK, so I feel, as usual, like I just experienced church, in one of the best senses of the word, courtesy of Bono and his boys, on the big screen, in 3D. I must say, there's something downright religious in U2's music and their performances. As I've gotten older, I'm less "screamy" and more cognizant of their choices of songs, and the natural arc of the story through the concert. And, like most good stories (including the Best One of All), there is the arc of conflict, suffering, redemption, solace and then hope. Wow. It's rather late, and I would much rather pontificate more about why U2 is the best aural thing that has happened in this century, and the last, but I am biased, and this could take a whole whack of time (maybe even a Master's thesis - ha ha!). Suffice it to say that I am deeply moved, yet again, by the Story that their music tells...

No comments: