Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tongues and prophets

It is funny that over the past year or so, a few people have surmised that I may be able to prophesy. Which is nice, having that confirmation, as I sense that that has been the case as well.
What is too bad, however, is that I can't do cool things like tell you how you're gonna die, or be able to predict individuals' futures with pinpoint accuracy. Or figure out winning lottery numbers (awfully handy), or determine the date of the end of the world (awfully scary).
However, that aside, it has also been pointed out to me that prophets have never really 'fit in' to the societies that they have been placed; they remain the outsiders and the outcasts, as they say things that disturb the current comfortable reality that society lives in. Which, I think, also has become increasingly poignant to me, as I have noted that some have desired that I 'cease and desist', that I would 'conform to the norm'.
I'm not sure how I feel about being the 'voice in the wilderness'...

1 comment:

Canadi-Ann said...

you also have the perks of a locally grown, organic diet of honey & locusts! ;)