Monday, August 04, 2008

Quebec I

OK, I'm actually back from a short jaunt in the city that is celebrating it's 400th birthday, but it was a lovely time (barring the fact that I despise driving long distances)! It is such a lovely city, one could even argue more so than Montreal (gasp! Sacrilege says the peanut gallery!).
Some things that struck me: considerably fewer people were smoking than I would have expected, considering it was Quebec. Also, I envy people who live in the capital, and they live ridiculously close to farmers and their produce, and they have an awesome farmer's market (not that we ourselves don't, but, you know...) with fish from the Gaspesie! How exciting! Furthermore I visited J.A. Moison's Epicerie, and it was, by far, the most beautiful store I've ever been to; I think it can be attested to that I walked around with my jaw dropped open the whole time I was in the store...
In all, most of my trip revolved around food and their producers. Geez, a real agrotourist....

No comments: