Friday, August 15, 2008

Disabling mosquitos

So, some days at work, it verges on miraculous that I can get through the day without being very skeptical about the general intelligence level of society.
A young lady was brought, nay, carried, by her boyfriend into the clinic. Our staff was quite alarmed: Did she break her leg? Had she passed out?
In fact, she had a mosquito bite on her foot. Yes, one mosquito bite. On the top of her foot.
She then proceeded to demand something for the bite so that it would go away instantly, as it was quite itchy, causing her great grief, and thus must be eliminated.
So I gave her some cream to help relieve some of the itch. On my way out the door, she then asked for a note to excuse her from work for a few days, as she wouldn't be able to stand at work because of her mosquito bite (obviously; since she needed her over-whipped boyfriend to carry her from the car to the bedside because of her one mosquito bite). I looked at her incredulously and asked her, "You mean to tell me, you believe you can't go to work because you have a mosquito bite on your foot?", to which she answered in the affirmative.
Then I kicked her out of the office. Well, more accurately, her boyfriend carried her out of the office and back to the car, as this princess wouldn't walk on her foot.
One stupid mosquito bite. This, my friends, is where our tax money is going to. I am not entirely sure if I am more astonished by her attitude, or his clear whipped-ness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to stand up for common sense. You should be a lawyer and do that in the courtrooms :)

Illusional disfunction said...

wow....wooooooooooooooooooow. and people call ME a princess. You totally beat my "stupid patients" stories there. Like..all of them.