Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My kingdom for a root cellar!

I think I need to seriously harken what some friends suggested to me a few weeks ago; I may need a chest freezer. Where the heck would I put it, you ask? That's an awesome question. The second awesomest question would be: what the heck do I need one for?
I've been realizing, as I've been prepping summer produce and foodstuffs for the winter, that my freezer is not actually large enough for all of this food. I've got fish from Lake Huron, berries from Niagara, beef from King City and bacon from Prince Edward County all vying for space in my freezer. Add to this my bagels from Montreal, and other goodies picked up in Quebec, and now I can't fit anything more in there! Let alone my regular standbys of frozen squash and salmon! What am I going to do?

No comments: