Friday, January 30, 2009

I hear there are three greenhouses available...

OK, that's it: I am tired. I've been back in the country less than 10 days, and I'm already tired of being here. Tired of being guilt-tripped. Tired of having unreasonable demands being made of me. Tired of having to catch up with everybody else's expectations.
I'm tired of having to feel like I have to join yet another committee, about joining another Board, of being made to feel badly enough to almost change travel plans I had made over one year previously, of not doing 'enough' for one organization, of fishing through old files to give to other professionals, of leading another Bible study, of providing money to people just because they ask for it, of unreasonable demands of my time to do battle with companies that I don't give a shit about, of having to provide my 'expert opinion' on various subjects, of being berated multiple times for even leaving the country in the first place, of being poked fun of (or, as someone else has put it: getting my pony tail yanked on a regular basis by the bully), of never hearing 'thank you' from anybody.
This is pretty much the same sentiment from the recent post, but even more accentuated. This funk better lift soon, otherwise I'm just going to start being nasty and selfish...

No comments: