Thursday, January 22, 2009

Retreat! To yonder castle!

One of the biggest problems of going away anywhere is the coming back. Not only do I feel like I was just getting a groove on, a rhythm of living in the fairy tale castle, lured by the possibilities of just staying (I can't believe how tempting it actually was), but then I abruptly had to leave. That sucks.
However, what has an even higher suckage factor was coming back. I walk into my house with a mail stack about to topple over, full of bills, notices, assessments, medical journals, government forms, etc etc etc, and neglected chores that I'd forgotten to do prior to leaving (no worries; nothing like forgetting to take out the garbage). Then, at the office was an inbox stuffed full of insurance forms, disability claims, pregnancy ultrasounds... a pile a foot high! Furthermore, having to deal with several email inboxes (along with one new one!), meetings that are being planned for the end of February and into March, realizing I already do not have a free weekend for another four weeks is enough to make one give up being a responsible adult.
That's it. I don't want to be a grown-up anymore. At times like this, I really do want to opt out, have someone take over and do all these tasks for me, to tuck me into bed, kiss me on the forehead and just tell me everything will be alright...

1 comment:

Sonya said...

agreed. I so agree.