Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hawaii-Five-O

When my parents visited Hawaii, they returned with, unfortunately, some of the most ghastly Hawaiian shirts this side of the Pacific... which, I had thought (or maybe vainly hoped) would be a souvenir, a memento of some sort. Not so! When my father appeared wearing a turquoise (turquoise!) shirt with magenta (magenta!) orchids, blooming with bright yellow stamens like there's no tomorrow, with (non-)matching blue track pants, announcing he was going to go for a walk, I was completely flabbergasted. Had my father lost colour vision? Perhaps the macular degeneration had just been tipped over the edge? Maybe he had had a small stroke that prevented him from seeing himself? It was a horrifying, stereotypical Asian-father-mowing-the-lawn vision.
At any rate, I didn't stop him, despite the fact that my jaw was dragging along the floor of the kitchen... this does, however, perhaps explain my utter lack of fashion sense as well...

No comments: