Friday, June 22, 2007

Tales from the ER

You know, it's been a long time since I've had to do any weird and wacky foreign body removals... the last notable one was probably two years ago when a certain young man told me the stereotypical story of vaccumming naked in his living room...however, I just removed a 3cm rock from the nose of a two year old... I don't think he was terribly happy with me, but the adults, myself included, were astounded by the size of the rock he managed to shove up there... who knew that there was such room in the nose of a child? who knew that the imagination of a child would be such that they would patiently push a rock THAT BIG into such a small nostril? Fortunately, he won't remember a thing, and, if I'm unlucky, I may see him later today with a Tonka truck or something up there... At least I got my first laugh of the day early...

No comments: