Friday, June 29, 2007

Lawyers and high-hats

There's something magical about watching men in top hats and tails tap-dancing. Maybe I'm just a throwback to the Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire days, but there's just a je ne sais quoi to watching that kind of stage magic. It's the kind of hand-to-the-forehead, swooning, fan-yourself amazement that strikes you when you watch someone able to stylishly pull off a whole routine of the tappa-tappa-tappa in a tuxedo and still be smiling and singing till the end.... George and Ira Gershwin's My One and Only was a fantabulous show for those reasons... but then, I love that kind of stuff, so if you don't, then likely heading all the way over there likely isn't worth your time...
Also, if you're going to go eat, I think it's always wise to go with a lawyer. I'm just saying...

No comments: