Friday, October 19, 2007

IKEA World

So, I was thinking about No Lifeguards on Duty's song "IKEA World" (which, incidentally, is on my iPod, if anyone's interested), and reading in the Toronto Star about how IKEA is sooooo passé for the queer community (which, of course, has nothing to do with me), and thinking about functional, fun, affordable furnishings for the home (which, of course, has much to do with me).... so I wandered in there after work today... I know, I know: some have said why I would even bother with any IKEA furniture in the first place - I should just go for the big bucks and buy furnishings that are more "appropriate" to my "lifestyle" (whatever that means).... that being said, I did spend a day trip when I was living in Sweden to go visit the original IKEA with another fellow Canadian...
However, there is something appealing in the 'fun factor' of the IKEA store; it's laid out like a Hansel and Gretel maze, and you amble along these meandering pathways amongst Hopsens, and Poangs, and Stufels, and are astounded by all the little details of items that are needed for the home... Ann... you know this means you!

1 comment:

Canadi-Ann said...

I'm honoured to have special mention on this fine blog.

1. I'm straight.
2. I'm strapped for cash, so this compliments my 'lifestyle.'
3. I enjoy fun things.
4. I don't have tons o' space in the new place.
5. That last one rhymed. Go figure.

Seems like IKEA is my destination if you ever want company!