Monday, October 08, 2007

Men and Women

You know what I love? I love big, burly men who can still sit with you and sip tea while holding your hand and dispensing sage advice. Who aren't afraid to love you through pain, who aren't afraid to hold you and tell you convincingly that things will get better, and who are still very much their own men. They are a rare breed, but I have been overshowered with three in very short order: kudos to A, C and D for being such blessings...
You know what else I love? I love strong, empowered women who pray with such power and conviction that you can feel the Spirit working in your soul. I love the wisdom that they bring from experience, from sharing how the 'stones in your belly' can strengthen, not sink you. I love the nuturing vision that they bring.... the voices of the women speaking into my life today resonate with potential...
You know what else I love? I love our God, who is so good, all the time, all the time, even when it doesn't seem so, but I am convinced that this is so, as He cannot be anything other than what He is...

No comments: