Monday, February 13, 2006

and flits with its wings

I know it's the middle of the night, but the Seas of Sadness are, I think, lapping at the shoreline.
Death of hope is a terrible thing. Loss of 'family' is too. I'm not sure which is worse. 'Family' being not just blood, but people who are so near and dear, that even if the biologicals are far away, you still feel like you belong, that they are a part of your home and hearth, that you have significance, that you might actually mean something.
Loss of 'family', using that definition, feels like losing a limb. You still 'feel' the limb for the rest of your life, but it is no longer there. A part of you, completely gone, but its part in the whole very poignantly missed, irreplaceable, in fact. I think that's the kicker; family cannot be replaced. Hope can rise again like the phoenix, but family members can't.
It really is a tragic thing. I can't even write properly, really, being overwhelmed with that...

No comments: