Thursday, February 02, 2006

Blinded, you lost your way...

I had the opportunity to meet with a very dear old friend, and, in finding him, also found that he has lost faith. Though, I must admit, I am not entirely sure in what. It's a curious thing, the gift of faith. Faith moves mountains and shakes the heart of man, but yet, begins as a tiny seed, almost invisible and intangible, a small miracle.
And yet, in what should be a time of despair and grief (which, indeed, it is - that drew a stake through the heart of me), I also see hope. Despite everything that's occurred, there are a few things that I know to be true, and one is that God does not abandon His children, no matter if they can no longer accept their kinship nor no longer want to be a part of His family.
I think I see a small reflection of my own heart, as well as many of our hearts, in this as well... more on this thought later...

No comments: