Thursday, April 10, 2008

Housekeeping

OK, now that I'm a bit post-rant (geez! Who would've thought I would've become so attached to a possession, for crying out loud!); I haven't really had to deal with much in the way of flooring, as I'm currently baby-sitting a house. One thing that I've become aware of is: I don't really like being in a big house all by myself, all the time. I suspect this is partly due to my urban upbringing, so the 'wide open spaces' likely tugs at the subconscious insecurities of being but a wee speck in the entirety of the cosmos. I find it odd, though, how we humans kind of like being in our small rooms, in our small houses, and find it a bit ?scary?intimidating?frightening? in being exposed to the vastness of nature. There are exceptions of us out there, of course, but for the most part, we tend to like being nestled, coddled, snuggled into our spaces rather than launched out into the grand vistas...

1 comment:

Canadi-Ann said...

Yeah, I feel the same way when I'm housesitting the farm. The house is MASSIVE and the creaks & banging is unfamiliar. I think the banging is from stuff hitting the roof. I've taken a stick & gone upstairs freaked out of my gourd to come across an intruder. :(

Then the entire huge farm is also a bit overwhelming, and making sure that I enclose the chickens before the racoons get them at night. Yipes!