Sunday, April 06, 2008

Stuff White People Like... (or don't notice)

So, one thing that continues to astound me is how people somehow think it's OK to be walking all over people's floors in their shoes. It's really starting to drive me nuts; I have a small patch of granite tile at the front door - a very logical place to leave your shoes. But oh no! Somehow people think it's OK to be walking over the hardwood with their grimy boots, which makes me want to scream, "Where the heck does it look like it's OK to be walking on wood floors with your shoes?"
It's really making me reconsider if I ever want non-Asians in the house again, or at least people I don't know very well, if at all. I couldn't believe one person recently who walked all the way into the house, despite the mounds of shoes at the door demonstrating that shoe removal was not optional, it was compulsory. Again, someone I didn't know at all, but in trying to use my house hospitably, was at my house anyways.
Obviously, by the title of the post, this is a particular crime of white people. However, I have noticed it transcending many different cultures and ethnicities. The other thing I've noticed is that a lot of white people don't find Russell Peters funny, but every single ethnic minority person I know does. Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Russell Peters need to start insulting white people more...