Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Switzerland II

So, despite some cloud cover and a bit of drizzle, I went hiking through the Swiss Alps yesterday. Let me tell you, with the edelweiss, the goats with bells tinkling, the green hills covered with snow, and the tiny Swiss wooden cottages, you really did feel you were in the middle of the Heidi story... all I really needed was my shepherd friend, and we'd be skipping about the mountains, eating cheese and whey. Sometimes it does strike me as quite odd when stereotypes come to life...
Another thing that I've noticed: There are A LOT of Korean tourists through here. I am not sure why that is. Additionally, there are A LOT of Indian tourists as well. For this, I have an explanation: apparently, a lot of Bollywood movies are now shot in and around the Swiss Alps, as it got too dangerous in the Kashmir lands, so many people from the Indian continent come here to check out site locales from their favorite movies... strange, isn't it? I'm currently in this tiny tourist town in a valley between two mountain ranges, and there are actually curry houses here... weird...

No comments: