Tuesday, April 01, 2008

FFT

Food shopping drives me crazy. I find myself standing behind my grocery cart paralyzed by all the voices in my head: buy local, buy organic (what does organic mean?), don't use plastic bags for produce (not even for bean sprouts), don't buy anything in a package, don't use gas to drive around to different stores for sales, be economical so that you can give more money away, just be thankful you can buy any food at all since people in Africa are starving, never mind whole wheat because you should be baking your own bread, rice is healthier than potatoes, brown rice is healthier than white rice, but don't buy rice 'cause it comes from so far away....
-Donna-Jean Brown

Here, here... and I do hear... the same voices are in my head too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, so how do you end up buying anything?