Tuesday, June 24, 2008

and I thought I didn't like meetings...

I've been pegged as next year's Chair(wo)man of the Board for FoodShare. This is particularly strange to me, as I didn't think I particularly have leadership capabilities. I'm a great follower, a great ideas person, not a great leader.
To be sure, it's terribly exciting in light of all the movement and momentum behind local food and agriculture. I am supposed to spend this year observing how this year's Chair attends to their duties, and thus be able to pick up the mantle next year.
Well, we shall see how this year goes. Certainly, if this is the domain where I eventually intend to move into, then this would probably be the best way to jump into it...

1 comment:

Canadi-Ann said...

Hey J!

Well done, I didn't know that! You never mentioned it! Have a great time. With you there and me as VP of PR for my toastmasters club, it'll be a fun year. :)