Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Maybe I should just do a Cosmo quiz and get it over with...

In the last little while, I've been in conversation with people regarding various quizzes: about your personality, your likes/dislikes, etc. Some folks I know are going overseas, so the team decided to do the Myers-Briggs personality testing to see how their group dynamics might shape up. Some of them are not terribly surprising in the personality types that came up, but people seem to have a hard time believing that I actually sit in the middle of the road for the four dimensions - the 'Jesus complex', I've heard it said (which, I guess, would explain a lot...). I'm not sure what that's supposed to indicate - that I have no personality? That I have a suprahuman personality?
Secondly, I've done one of those 'how big is your ecological footprint' quizzes, and, whether I included my driving to the suburbs for work or not, I still end up requiring two Planet Earth's in order to sustain my lifestyle. TWO! I thought I was doing really well with all my granola-crapola, but I still need TWO Earths! This frightens me on two fronts: one, that I am still very very very far from being able to demonstrate something that would be something like global parity and two, it makes me wonder where people who throw out a lot of garbage, buy a lot of stuff, eat out a ton, and use their clothes dryer and automatic dishwasher end up. Do they end up using EIGHT planets?

No comments: