Monday, March 31, 2008

A rat in a very small maze...

So I had to go down to the financial district today, and boy! I haven't had to do that during business hours for quite a long time! It was a very interesting experience; firstly, in my MEC clothes, I totally did not belong - I really looked like I belonged to another class entirely. Secondly, I couldn't believe how many people were running around underground on the PATH; it was like walking through a very stylish Eaton Centre on the weekends. I had no idea that many people would be wandering around under the tunnels of the city, like many small rats scurrying for their next piece of cheese. Thirdly, everyone looked so focussed, like they had somewhere to go and nothing was going to stop them, not even a little scuff on their terribly stylish shoes.
I felt like I was in a parallel universe, and I felt kind of sad; I think I would be terribly unhappy if I had to run around those granite halls underground, in my stilettos, all day. I suppose that's because I'm such a dilettante....

1 comment:

Canadi-Ann said...

I was downtown today looking at all of the fancy people walking around wearing black, and kept pondering your post.