Thursday, March 20, 2008

Snort...

Apparently, the cigarette companies are getting more aggressive with their print media profile since the legislation of what constitutes appropriate cigarette advertising was clarified. What I found incredibly amusing was that NOW magazine's editor was interviewed about her paper's stance about full-page cigarette advertising. Her statements ran along the lines that NOW's "moral standards" cannot accept cigarette advertising in the paper, that they don't need to pander down to that level, that the money's not worth it.
This is from a paper that spends at least five pages in each issue for "Hot Sex! Live Girls!", as well as for alcohol and illicit drug paraphernalia. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help snorting when I heard that: When a paper actually carries advertisements looking for "Love Dwarves for Sex", I find their "moral standards" a bit iffy, no?

No comments: